This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How to copy all corresponding pdf files in a category?

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

How to copy all corresponding pdf files in a category?

Postby pancy » 2015-04-12 11:19

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.5, Windows 7, English, -, -, - ]

I want to copy all corresponding pdf full text documents in a category onto another hard drive. I am not going to export the bibliography or something, I just need the pdf files linked to those entries. What can I do?

I was able to do it last month but now I forgot how I did it...
pancy

Re: How to copy all corresponding pdf files in a category?

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-04-14 07:11

Hello Pancy,

By selecting the category in the reference section in Citavi, the relevant references are already selected.
Now go to the reference tab in the middle column of one of the selected titles and click on the tools icon at the bottom.

Select "Save files as" and "The files in the X references found". Create a new folder and select it, the files are copied into this folder.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Re: How to copy all corresponding pdf files in a category?

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-04-14 09:15

Hello, Pancy,

a short addendum: This method only works if more than one reference in the selection has a file attached. If one and only one reference has an attachment in this selection, you need to select this reference to save the file.

I've already filed a bug report so that the option to save the attachments of all references is also displayed if only one reference has an attachment.

Best regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)