This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Image quotations?

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Image quotations?

Postby Anna34 » 2015-04-09 05:41

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.5, Windows 8.x, English, Firefox 8.x - 34.x, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, Acrobat XI ]

Hi,

Also, in the Reader 11, is it at all possible to select a random part of page and save it as an image quotation? I often have complicated tables and mathematical formulas that are a pain to retype. The easiest way to capture them is to just snapshot a part of pdf - but either I am missing this function, or Adobe Reader 11 does not even allow free selections! And the rectangular shape mark-ups are not picked up by the Citavi picker as candidates for image quotation.

I have not managed to get an actual image inside a pdf to be recognized by the picker, either. If I am supposed to select images and not just click on them, how can this be done in Adobe Reader 11?

Incidentally, is support for Adobe Reader DC planned? Reader 11 is not even officially distributed by Adobe anymore, and DC has a much better interface...
Anna34

Re: Image quotations?

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-04-10 07:52

Hi, Anna34,

Adobe Reader indeed doesn't allow free selections. But you can easily achieve what you need in Citavi 5. Add the PDF to your reference, open it in the preview pane and select the Snapshot tool. Select the part of the PDF you need and click Image quotation:

Adobe Reader DC is not directly supported by the Citavi 4 Picker. But you can make it work by copying the folder CitaviPicker from C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\plug_ins to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\plug_ins and by copying the file ProtectedModeWhitelistConfig.txt from C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Reader 11.0\Reader\ to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Reader\.

Best regards
Sebastian

Wurde Ihre Frage vollständig beantwortet? Bitte klicken Sie auf das grüne Häkchen (= Antwort akzeptieren) oben rechts in meiner Antwort. Andere Forenbenutzer können sich dann leichter orientieren, wenn sie auf der Suche nach einer Lösung sind.
Wir sind gespannt auf Ihre Antwort zu unserer Frage des Monats: Wie halten Sie sich fachlich auf dem Laufenden?
Sebastian Pabel
Site Admin

Postby Anna34 » 2015-04-16 03:38

Danke schön, das ist perfekt!
Anna34

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2015-04-16 07:54

Hello,

The latest Beta Citavi 4.5.7 (and later) does support Acrobat DC. Please download it from http://www.citavi.com/beta-download.

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)