Parent/child reference sorting?

Got questions about Citavi 4? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Parent/child reference sorting?

Postby aanon » 2013-07-23 06:12

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.1, Windows 8, -, -, -, - ]

Under Citavi 3 it was possible to use a plugin to show child references indented under parent references in the list. Any plans for making this function available in Citavi 4?

Alternatively, is there a way to filter a reference list to show only references with a file attachment? This would allow me to filter out the parent references.

Thank you,

aanon
aanon

Re: Parent/child reference sorting?

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-07-23 14:40

Hi aanon,

Thanks so much for your question! At the moment there are no plans for making this feature available in Citavi 4, although I can add your suggestions to our wish list.

To only display references with a file attachment, click Search in the toolbar. On the Quick search tab, enter "files: *" and click Search:

You can then apply the search results as a selection.

Please just let us know if you have additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby S.C.W. » 2017-04-20 16:01

Hi Jennifer,
the files: * function does not work for me, I still get many results that do not have an attachment?
Best,
SCW
S.C.W.

Postby S.C.W. » 2017-04-20 16:03

Ha, entering files: pdf does do the job. Maybe someone else has that problem :)
Best,
SCW
S.C.W.

Postby rg_software » 2017-11-01 21:42

S.C.W. wrote:Ha, entering files: pdf does do the job. Maybe someone else has that problem :)
Best,
SCW

Thanks! I have created a forum account only to post the same question.

Seriously, my reference lists are completely messed up with these parent references I don't care about. There definitely should be an option to hide them.
rg_software

Postby Damien Reddy » 2017-11-02 16:37

Hello,

Thank you for inquiry.

While it will not be possible to hide all parent references, we are planning to re-introduce an add-on in Citavi 6 that will cause parent references to be sorted with their child references indented immediately below.

However, our main focus right now is on Citavi Web, and we unfortunately can not promise when this add-on will be available.

Kind regards,
Damien
Damien Reddy
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 4 Support (English)