Two PCs With One Citavi?

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Two PCs With One Citavi?

Postby je1188 » 2014-07-24 19:50

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.3, Windows 7, English, -, MS Office 2010 64Bit, - ]

I am buying a PC for my office and I have a PC at home with Citavi 4. I would like Citavi to work in both PCs so that I can work both at the office and at home with the same files, and every time I add new bibliography to the Citavi project, it automatically changes it in both PCs. Is this possible? I already have Dropbox to sync all my files. Can I also use Dropbox to sync Citavi?
je1188

Re: Two PCs With One Citavi?

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2014-07-25 14:41

Hello,

an easy way to achieve a consistent bibliography is to install Citavi both at home and at the office and save your project to a USB device you carry with you and use at home and at the office.

We discourage the use of Dropbox for Citavi projects because they can potentially be damaged by the sync mechanism (see FAQ).

Kind regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)