Citation of Government Documents Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citation of Government Documents

Postby je1188 » 2014-03-21 20:34

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.3, Windows 7, English, -, MS Office 2010 64Bit, - ]

Hi,

I use in text-citations in word through Citavi's add-in. For official/government documents (most of which are Internet Documents), I would like the in-text citation to appear as short as possible. How can I format the citavi reference to only show the country and the year (e.g: Brazil 2012)?

For example, if the complete author is: "Brazil. Ministry of Health and Social Development" and the year is 2012, I would only like "Brazil 2012" to appear in the text. Is that possible? If so, how should I format the "author" cell in Citavi?

Thank you,

Sari
je1188

Re: Citation of Government Documents

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-03-24 06:29

Hi Sari,

Thanks for your question! In order to do this, you would need to enter the country name in the Abbreviation field under Lists > Persons and organizations. Also, please make sure that the full name of the organization is in the Organization field, and not the Author field.

In the citation style you're using, the Author component in the In-text citation rule set will need to be changed so that abbreviations are displayed rather than full names of organizations. If you let us know which style you are using, we'd be happy to make this adjustment for you!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2014-03-24 18:43

Thank you, Jennifer.

I am using Chicago 16th ed. (author-date).

Best,

Sari
je1188

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-03-25 11:44

Hi Sari,

Thanks for your reply! You can download the style below. Please save it to the folder Citavi 4/Custom Citation Styles.

Please just let us know if you have any additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Attachments
Chicago 16th ed. (author-date)_with abbreviations.ccs
(703.66 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2014-03-31 21:48

Thank you, Jennifer.

I have downloaded and saved the file. But it does not seem to default to the abbreviated format automatically. Is there anything I have to do to make this happen?

Sari
je1188

Re: Citation of Government Documents  Topic is solved

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-04-01 08:07

Dear Sari,

Thanks very much for your question! Could you please click Lists > Persons and Organizations and double check that you entered the abbreviation for each organization?:

If the abbreviation is still not appearing after that, please let us know!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2014-04-01 15:19

Hi Jennifer,

I have entered the abbreviation for those citations. In fact, the citation now reads : Brasil. Secretaria Nacional de Renda de Cidadanía (Brasil) (2012). The country in brackets (Brasil) is the addition after I added the abbreviation.

Thanks,

Sari
je1188

Postby je1188 » 2014-04-02 19:36

It is now working.
Thank you!
je1188

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)