USB-stick Citavi does not work

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

USB-stick Citavi does not work

Postby greennell » 2013-12-26 13:45

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0 - 3.3, Windows Vista, English, Other browser, MS Office 2007, - ]

My USB Citavi worked for awhile, but then it kinda stopped working properly. I could not open my projects anymore there was always mistake that is presented as first one in the attached file.
I re-installed the whole application again. It worked for 3-4 sessions and now it is the same situation. But now I can not even open beck ups and files that I saved on my computer. It is really sad because this is what I got Citavi for, that I can use it externally when I need to work away from my office as now during the holidays. I cannot even start the program. Also after re-installation I could not switch the language, it was always German.

Please let me know, if I am doing something wrong. I am too tired to waste so much time trying to fix my Citavi.

Nelya
Attachments
Citavi does not work.pdf
(212.61 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
greennell

Re: USB-stick Citavi does not work

Postby Peter Meurer » 2013-12-30 10:26

Dear Nelya

The error message you provided indicates a problem with the .NET framework (that is a technical platform from Microsoft which Citavi needs to run). Please follow the steps as described in this Knowledge base article: http://service.citavi.com/KB/a129/10082 ... ework.aspx

Alternatively you may switch to Citavi 4 which comes with a newer .NET framework version.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)