Retrieve by ISBN/DOI problems Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Retrieve by ISBN/DOI problems

Postby Adrien_Jena » 2013-09-12 10:49

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0 - 3.3, Windows XP, German, Firefox 8.x - 23.x, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

Hello,
While the function retrieve by ISBN/DOI used to work, it is now systematically giving back as answer to a new search "Not found in the selected resources". Worldcat being the first in the list of the catalogues used by my Citavi this is weird. Even more that it used to work in the past.
I checked the proxy settings. I am not using a proxy apparently and the corresponding box is ticked in the Citavi settings.
Eventually, I tried to install other catalogues, and the options provided were quite limited knowing that I have no granted access to EBSCO ones.
Any help?
Many thanks
Adrien_Jena

Re: Retrieve by ISBN/DOI problems

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-09-12 13:52

Hello,

Thanks so much for your question! We'd like to test this and see if we can reproduce the problem. Could you please give us a couple of links to pages where you had this problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Adrien_Jena » 2013-09-12 15:24

so here are some DOI not working (note that all I tried in these past days/weeks have not worked):
10.1016/j.landurbplan.2012.10.003
10.1016/j.ecolecon.2012.10.015

and ISBN:
0-7432-3546-0
978-3-8376-2367-3
978385476-607-0
Adrien_Jena

Re: Retrieve by ISBN/DOI problems  Topic is solved

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-09-12 16:50

Hello!

Thanks so much for the examples. I was able to find all of them except the last book with WorldCat being the only catalog selected. This makes me think that there's a problem with the connection to our server. Could you please try the following?

First, please click Tools > Options > Search > Proxy settings, and then select the Compatibility mode for HTTP 1.0 proxies checkbox.Then restart Citavi and see if you can find the first ISBN you provided as an example. If that doesn't work, you can clear the checkbox and check the following:

• Proxy server settings

Do you have a direct connection to the Internet or do you use a proxy server? If you use a proxy server, please enter the proxy information in Citavi: on the Tools menu, click Options. On the Search tab, click Proxy settings.

• Internet Explorer connection

Can you access www.citavi.com using Internet Explorer? Even if you usually use another browser, Citavi uses Internet Explorer’s settings to connect to the Internet. For that reason, please check that your connection through Internet Explorer is working. In Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Internet Options, then on the Advanced tab, click Reset.

• Firewall settings

Do you use a firewall that could be blocking Citavi’s access to the Internet? Please allow Citavi to access the Internet by checking your firewall settings.

• Internet Security software settings

Do you use a program such as G Data that monitors internet traffic? In G Data, on the Options menu, click Web/IM Filter, then clear the Process Internet content checkbox.

Please just let us know if you continue to have trouble!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Adrien_Jena » 2013-10-23 11:25

Many thanks Jennifer! It seems to work now after checking the Compatibility mode for HTTP 1.0 proxies checkbox.
Adrien_Jena

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)