Customizing project bibliography and reference types

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Customizing project bibliography and reference types

Postby joster » 2013-06-06 12:38

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.4, -, English, Internet Explorer 10, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

Hi,

Is it possible to customize Project bibliographies? I have a music collection in Citavi 3 and I would like to export it using the Annotated project bibliography, but I could not find a way to format the output.

For instance the covers are of different sizes, and I need to resize them to a smaller size (4.5 cm x 4.5 cm) and wrap the text around it.

Is this possible with Citavi 3? With the new Citavi 4?

Additionally, can we customize a reference type without the other reference types? When I add a new field on a reference type, that new field shows-up on the other reference types!

Regards,
Joster
joster

Re: Customizing project bibliography and reference types

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-06-06 16:07

Hi Joster,

Thanks for your questions! Unfortunately, it's not possible to resize the cover images and determine the word wrap formatting in Citavi before the Annotated Project Bibliography is created. If you need all the covers to be the same size, I would recommend using a graphics editing program to resize the images and then save them as covers in Citavi. In Word you can right-click the picture and then select Format picture. Then you can change the layout so the text is wrapped around the image.

Unfortunately, it's also not possible to only add fields listed under More fields for just one reference type. The field will appear on the References tab for all other reference types as well.

Thanks again for your questions, and please just let us know if there's anything else we can do for you!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)