Help. Harddrive crash. Parallels files.

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Help. Harddrive crash. Parallels files.

Postby getigert » 2013-05-28 11:44

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hi,

i have a following problem(s). Due to the problems with my hard drive I have been experiencing problems with rebooting my old macbook. (2008). We are now trying to retrieve the documents and are experiencing problems finding any backups related to citavi, except for the separate PDFs related to the project, which is my master thesis.

I had Parallels installed to be able to use it on my mac. Now all the windows eg. paralles folders seem to be empty. There was a alsocopy made for the USB-stick approximately a month ago.

In this regard I have 2 questions:

1). Where are the backups normally stored as I cannot recollect changing the settings.
2). Is it possible to reestore at least parts of the project from the USB-copy of the projekt?

P.S. It might sound very clumsy in English. I am writing in English instead of German so that the people that are helping me with retrieving the info would understand your answer, too.
getigert

Re: Help. Harddrive crash. Parallels files.

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-05-28 14:56

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear about your hard drive problems! On a normal Windows computer, backups are found in the folder Documents\Citavi 3\Backup. They are saved as Zip files and contain the project name, date, and time in the file name.

If you haven't already, you might also try searching for files with the extension .ctv3 or .ctv. This is the file extension for Citavi project files.

If you saved your project file on a USB flash drive you should have no problems opening this copy and continuing to work with it.

Hope this helps! Please just let us know if you have additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Help. Harddrive crash. Parallels files.

Postby getigert » 2013-05-28 15:12

Dear Jennifer,

thank you for your quick and profound reply. I hope it will help!

Regards,
Katja
getigert

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)