Is there a page advising how to return to Citavi 3 from 4?

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Is there a page advising how to return to Citavi 3 from 4?

Postby zys » 2013-05-04 20:37

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.0, Windows 8, English, Other browser, Other office package, Acrobat XI ]

Greetings!

I tried googling for a Citavi page about how to transition back from Citavi 4 to Citavi 3.4. I did not get any hits.

Is there a page advising how to do this? I just need to do this temporarily until my forum post or help ticket is addressed. Citavi 4 isn't working properly for me, but I still need to work on my manuscript in the meanwhile while I await Citavi 4 advice.

Can I run them parallel on the same machine? I didn't think so, so I was planning to uninstall Citavi 4. But if I don't need to . . .

Thanks so much!

Z
zys

Re: Is there a page advising how to return to Citavi 3 from

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-05-06 10:23

Hi Z,

Thanks for your question! You can use Citavi 3 and Citavi 4 in parallel. However, projects edited with Citavi 4 cannot be opened in Citavi 3. Also, you should modify your installation of Citavi 4 so that the Pickers are uninstalled (Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Citavi 4 > Change > Modify). Then, when you reinstall Citavi 3, you'll want to install the Pickers for Citavi 3. Citavi 3 can be downloaded here.

This information is in one of our FAQs, but admittedly somewhat hard to find:
http://service.citavi.com/KB/a440/how-d ... avi-4.aspx

Please just let us know if you have additional questions!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)