This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Link multiple references to one knowledge item Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Link multiple references to one knowledge item

Postby cityenn » 2013-02-13 14:21

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.4, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hello,

Is it possible to add multiple references to a thought/summary/quote, instead of just one?

Now it happens to me a lot that I have to make a compound knowledge item, drawing on multiple sources. To do that in Citavi, I have to link the item to one reference, and then add as text the others in the text field so that I don't forget.

See attachment for an example. I have no idea how to do this efficiently.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Multiple references
cityenn

Re: Link multiple references to one knowledge item  Topic is solved

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-02-13 16:18

Hello Cityenn,

no, it is currently not possible to add multiple references to a summary or quote.
To simplify your task, you could add them in the summary text in the correct format of a Citavi placeholder:

The important bit is the sequence number.

If you quote this text in your document, you will get this:

If your citation style closes multiple citations in parenthesis, the result in your formatted document will look like this:

This will work well in Citavi 3. If you switch to Citavi 4 and want to use the WordAddIn in the future, we would have to look for a different solution (and no, I am afraid cannot tell you when Citavi 4 is going to be released). I will put the requested feature on our wish list.

Best regards
Patrick

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)