This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Firefox defective when Picker extension is installed Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Firefox defective when Picker extension is installed

Postby tidi81 » 2013-01-25 20:37

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.4, Windows 7, English, Firefox 8.x - 18.x, -, - ]

When the Citavi Picker extension (version 2013.01.16) is enabled, I can only have one window open in Firefox 18.01. If I try to open a new window (e.g. by pressing Ctrl + N), nothing happens. New Tabs within the open Firefox window can be generated though. Also, after shutting Firefox down, it is not possible to restart Firefox. In the Task Manager/Processes, a Firefox instance apparently remains active when Firefox is shut down (and the Citavi Picker extension is installed). When I force quit the Firefox process I can restart Firefox (but the New Window problem persists). When I disable the Citavi Picker 2013.01.16 in Firefox I can restart Firefox without problems and I can also open new Firefox windows.

Is there a different version of the Citavi Picker Extension for Firefox that works?
(By the way: The Picker/Citavi functions fine, it's just that Firefox stops working properly.)
tidi81

Re: Firefox defective when Picker extension is installed

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2013-01-28 10:16

Hello tidi81,

that sounds like a conflict between the Picker and some other AddOn in FF, because we cannot reproduce the problem.

Would you please post the list of your Firefox AddOns?

Best regards
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Firefox defective when Picker extension is installed  Topic is solved

Postby tidi81 » 2013-01-28 10:36

Hi Patrick. Thanks for your help. I had a live support session with Citavi and we indeed found that some interaction between the AddOns (and possibly plugins) caused the problem. When I disable the Google Global 2.8 Firefox extension, I can generate New Windows without problem (after restarting Firefox). However, the problem is not only an interaction betweeen Google Global 2.8 and Citavi Picker 2013.01.16, since when I deactivated all plugins and extensions (just one Adobe extension) except Google Global and Citavi Picker, it also works and I can open New Windows.
So for now, I will disable Google Global for my Citavi/Firefox work.
tidi81

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)