This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

App crashing, blue screen

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

App crashing, blue screen

Postby Umfrage » 2012-10-27 20:08

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.3, Windows 7, German, Firefox 8.x - 16.x, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

I dont know whats happening. I was testing the software and it worked fine for about 3 days, now it crashes to a bluescreen while i didnt change anything on the system.

I was about to buy the pro version but now i dont know if i should. Do you recommend a new install and will it work again then?
Umfrage

Re: App crashing, blue screen

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2012-11-01 10:47

Hello,

I'm very sorry to hear you've been having such problems with Citavi! Could you please provide us with some additional information so that we can better pinpoint the source of the problem? First, are you really getting a blue screen where Windows completely crashes and you can't do anything anymore except turn off your computer?

Also, could you please describe what you were doing in Citavi each time before the blue screen occured? Did you receive any error messages?

As a first step for fixing the problem, we would recommend that you reinstall Citavi. However, if you are getting a blue screen, the problem likely has something to do with the .NET Framework installation. We would then recommend that you repair the installation by following the instructions in the following Knowledge Base article:
http://service.citavi.com/KB/a129/repai ... ework.aspx

Many thanks in advance for your patience!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)