This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Multiple quotations from one journal into multiple categorie

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Multiple quotations from one journal into multiple categorie

Postby Trish » 2012-09-12 22:21

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.2, Windows Vista, English, Firefox 8.x - 15.x, MS Office 2010 64Bit, - ]

Hi -

Can you please walk me through the process of putting quotes from one journal article into different categories? This is especially imperative with review articles. After I drag a the journal article so that it shows in each category, I right click on the quote and select assign categories. Although I assign a quote to a certain category, all the quotes from one journal article continue to appear in all the categories in which I've dragged the article into. How can I fix this so that I can divide the quotes from one journal article amongst different categories?

Thanks so much, otherwise really enjoying your product!
Trish

Re: Multiple quotations from one journal into multiple categ

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2012-09-13 15:44

Hi Trish,

Thanks so much for your question, and glad to hear that you like Citavi!

What you did is exactly right. I tested this out to make sure we don't have a bug, and I was able to assign quotations to multiple categories without the categories defaulting to those assigned to the reference. Is it possible that you were looking at the category view in the Reference Editor? The list of categories in the Reference Editor corresponds only to the categorized references in your project. To see the quotations (and thoughts, summaries etc.) assigned to a particular category, you would need to switch to the Knowledge Organizer. Could that be the source of the problem? If not, we could set up a free live support so that I can take a closer look at this issue.

Best regards,

Jenny
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)