This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Date Format

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Date Format

Postby ariels » 2012-07-05 03:43

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.2, Windows 7, English, -, -, - ]

The second issue I have is that under Citavi 3.20, using APA 6th, citations appear with the date format in European mode. That is to say DD-MM-YY. I can't find where to change that to US mode. Wouldn't it be nice if Citavi detected the version of Office installed and auto-formatted the references by that?
ariels

Re: Date Format

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2012-07-06 10:06

Hello,

Thanks for your question! In APA 6, specific dates are formatted as follows:
(2012, July 6)

It's strange that you're getting the European format. Could you please let me know which reference type is giving you this date format? It's possible that there could be an error in the style.

There is one date field in Citavi that is not influenced by the citation style. For the reference type Conference Proceedings, whatever you enter in the field Conference dates will appear exactly as entered after formatting.

Citavi does not detect the version of Office and installed and auto-format the dates accordingly. Instead, the date format is defined in the citation style.The reason for this is that you may be working with a German version of Office but still want to use an American, French, or Polish citation style.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)