This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Keyword List

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Keyword List

Postby nazura » 2012-06-12 14:13

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hi Citavi Team!

I just used the citavi picker and imported the information from my university libary by clicking on ISBN picker button of the regarding book. It worked well but my problem is that, i dont want the citavi picker import the keywords.

Because when picker imports the keywords from libary, these keywords will be appear in my keyword list view!
So i dont want that, beacuse i just want the keyword which are defined by me only.

This take a lot of efforts as i have to search the unwanted keywords that were automatically added to my keyword list and delete it manually one by one.

Is there any solution to this?

Regards,
Nazura
nazura

Re: Keyword List

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2012-06-13 06:49

Hello nazura,

there is an easy solution to this problem: deactivate importing keywords in Tools > Options > Search:

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Regards,
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Postby nazura » 2012-06-18 00:40

Thank you Patrick! this is very helpful.;p

Can i ask you more, how to best decide which reference list/bibliographies to use. we are working on some research on career advancement for fosher and enginners in some are like mechanical etc.

There are too many style and how we decide the best for us?

Regards,
Thank you!
nazura

Postby Patrick Hilt » 2012-06-18 17:54

Hello Nazura,

at the moment, Citavi can handle more that 1,300 different citation styles. There are thousands more out there in the wild.
My answer is: it depends
- If the research is to be published in a journal: choose the style of the journal
- If it is a doctoral dissertation: ask you professor
- If it is going to be published by a publishing house: ask them, or check with other titles in the field
- If it is competely up to you, nobody else has got a say: Choose whichever you like best!

There are four different types:
1. Harvard styles use in-text citations. They are also called author-years styles:

2. Oxford styles use footnotes. Sometimes there is no bibliography at the end:

3. Vancouver styles use numbers. Titles in the bibliography may be ordered alphabetically or in order of appearence:

4. The others use citation keys:

Regards,
Patrick
Patrick Hilt
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)