This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Citavi under Linux Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citavi under Linux

Postby aycae » 2012-04-01 23:58

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hello all,

First, I'd like to thank you all very very much for Citavi, this excellent knowledge builder software - and to the support team as well, which is one of the nicest and most helpful I've ever come across :)

I have recently seen an article on installing Citavi under linux, not tried yet bu my linuxy-tricks say it seems very doable (again, my German tricks say that ist is some German translation to cry for :) but anyways):
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... ter-linux/

The original article in German (my German tricks are not as improved :)
http://www.wisstux.info/2012/03/citavi-unter-linux/

I have posted here in case anyone may need some advice on how to install Citavi under linux, but feel free to move into any other relevant forum. Thank you all very much again,

Best wishes,
Ayca
aycae

Re: Citavi under Linux  Topic is solved

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2012-04-11 11:36

Dear Ayca,

Thank you for the kind words!

Unfortunately, the link above appears to be dead, so I can't see what they were recommending. It was likely one of two things:

1. Install under Windows using VirtualBox.
2. Install under Wine. As of version 1.4, Citavi 3 runs under Wine, although our informal tests did show some bugs. Additionally, while Citavi itself runs in Wine, the Setup program does not. Therefore, you must use a real (or virtual) Windows to install Citavi, then copy the program folder to Linux to use under Wine. Before running Citavi, you will need to use Winetricks to install .NET 2 Service Pack 2 (dotnet20sp2), GDI+ (gdiplus), and Internet Explorer 7 (ie7). If you need to open Citavi 2 projects, you will also need to install MDAC and JET.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)