This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Where is the reference in braces? Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Where is the reference in braces?

Postby dlmattson » 2011-10-25 06:35

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.1.15, Mac with Windows 7, English, Internet Explorer 9, Other office package, - ]

I am writing a paper using Word 2011 for Mac. When I use "Quote with {placeholder} and Copy to clipboard, I get copy in my Word Document that looks like this:

In sum, the main contribution of this article is not a reworking of the North-South dichotomy--which has been tackled many times before--but rather the distinction between two sources of criteria for development: affinity and authority. Abdenur 2002 – Tilting the North-South axis

If I use the Publication Assistant with the instruction "Placeholder Only," and copy to clipboard, I get the proper placeholder:

{Abdenur 2002 #56: 58}

Why is this happening and how do I correct it? Citavi is a fantastic program. Dan Mattson
dlmattson

Re: Where is the reference in braces?

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-10-27 08:47

Dear Dan,

I think you found a small bug -- not in the actual program code, but in the name of the menu command! That should be "Cite", just like the Cite button in the toolbar. Whether a placeholder is included depends on a setting: on the Tools menu, click Options. On the Formatting tab, set Quote knowledge items as to Text and placeholders. This will give the result you want.

I'll look into improving the wording of these commands if possible.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Where is the reference in braces?  Topic is solved

Postby dlmattson » 2011-10-29 15:04

Thanks, Antonio. Not only is the program fantastic, but your support is also excellent. Dan Mattson
dlmattson

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)