This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

multiple fonts in title

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

multiple fonts in title

Postby pharaoh » 2011-09-18 03:38

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.1, Windows 7, English, Firefox 5.x, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

Dear List members,
I have a question, which possible relates to anyone working with pre-Unicode fonts. I am actually an Egyptologist, and for the normal publication issues we use a font originally produced by CCER, called transliteration font. The font is the usual pre-Unicode, so the transliteration font is mapped on an English keyboard.
This creates more than a problem for me, as I am evaluating the version 3.1 for my work. Actually, most of the transliteration fonts for ancient Egyptian are pre-Unicode, so I have to deal with them. Some Egyptologists also disagree how Unicode has been implemented for hieroglyphs, but this is not the point for this list. Is is possible to use multiple fonts in the title field, even with a sort of workaround? As for free, at the moment only Aegyptus font is freely available (http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/), but some of the Unicode signs, in the PUA list, are not working anyway. So I confess, I do not where I can from here. The font works fine in the citation field, not for the title or name for instance, where some hard-coded fonts seems to be in use.
I am a Notabene user, so I have been using that program for years by now. I like Citavi, as I would like to export to LaTeX for one of my books. But this inability blocks me to go any further at the moment.

I thank you for the reply,

Roberto Gozzoli
pharaoh

Re: multiple fonts in title

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-09-20 14:38

Dear Roberto,

I think we have to disappoint you on this one: transcription fonts are not supported. At this time, you have to use a Unicode font. :(

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby pharaoh » 2011-09-26 05:28

Dear Antonio,
I thank you for the reply, but the problem is that Arial Unicode MS does not cover the new Unicode 6.0, which also includes new signs for ancient languages such as Egyptian hieroglyphs. While I cannot spend for a new version of Arial Unicode, at least the ability to choose a Unicode font that embraces a wider (or smaller) group of sign by the user should be a formatting choice the user may like having...

Roberto
pharaoh

Postby Addie » 2011-11-12 07:29

I have a blog title that says "Grayscale - art by S. Issa". I'd like to know if there's any way I can give the "Grayscale" part a different font family than the rest. Any php tricks that I forgot to search for?
Addie

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2011-11-14 19:17

Dear Addie,

Thanks for your question! We've just recently added support for multiple fonts in title fields. To change the font, please download and install the latest beta version (3.1.21).

Then, simply highlight the word "Grayscale" and right-click to display the shortcut menu. Point to Font and then choose the font you want from the dropdown menu:

If you have any other questions, please just let us know!

Best regards,

Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby roberta67 » 2012-10-01 05:13

Jennifer Schultz wrote:Dear Addie,

Thanks for your question! We've just recently added support for multiple fonts in title fields. To change the font, please download and install the latest beta version (3.1.21). You can also check here for a working sample.

Then, simply highlight the word "Grayscale" and right-click to display the shortcut menu. Point to Font and then choose the font you want from the dropdown menu:

If you have any other questions, please just let us know!

Best regards,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,
I am trying to have multiple fonts in my title field. The problem is when I go to the font menu, the font I want is not listed. Is it possible to add a font? Thank you.
Last edited by roberta67 on 2012-10-24 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
roberta67

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2012-10-01 14:21

Hello,

Thanks so much for your question! Citavi pulls this list of fonts from those installed in Windows. To add a font you would copy the font file to the Windows Fonts folder (C:\Windows\Fonts). After restarting your computer, the font should be available for use in title fields within Citavi.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)