This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Sending individual formatted citations to Microsoft Word

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Sending individual formatted citations to Microsoft Word

Postby je1188 » 2011-07-09 22:12

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.12, Windows 7, English, Firefox 5.x, MS Office 2010 32Bit, Acrobat X ]

I was wondering if there is a way in Citavi to send formatted citations directly into Microsoft Word, rather than the bracketed abbreviations and code. I tend to do my note-taking in word, and then link to the file to my Citavi reference, since that gives me more stylistic options. What I would like to do, and what I used to do before switching to Citavi, is have the formatted reference appear in the word document above my notes. Is there/can there be a way to do this through Citavi?

If you need more of an explanation, I can send you a template of how I format my Word documents and what I would like to be able to do.

Thanks for the support!
Jeff
je1188

Re: Sending individual formatted citations to Microsoft Word

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2011-07-11 22:29

Dear Jeff,

Thanks for your question! Have you tried right-clicking the reference in the navigation pane and then selecting Copy formatted reference? This should allow you to paste a formatted citation into your Word file.

Otherwise, in September we're planning on releasing an Add-In for Word that will make it easy to directly insert citations and quotations into Word formatted in the citation style you've chosen. This update will likely replace the current placeholder method.

Please let us know if that wasn't quite what you had in mind or if you have any other questions!

Jenny
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2011-07-11 22:49

Dear Jenny,

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that there was some easy way to do it, and now I know that there is! I do have another question, and I can open a new forum for it if you like.

Basically, I'm having trouble with the formatting of Spanish and Portuguese names. Citavi is interpreting compound last names as if they are middle initials. For example, the name "Francisco de las Barras Aragón":

When I type that name into Citavi, I've been writing "de las Barras Aragón, Francisco." Rather than leaving the name that way, Citavi changes the formatting to "las Barras Aragon, Francisco de." In other words, it interprets "de" as a prefix to the last name, but "las" as part of the last name.

Due to inconsistent formatting amongst publishers, I need to be able to produce a reference that says either "de las Barras Aragón, Francisco" or "Barras Aragón, Francisco de las". Is this possible?

Please let me know if you need further clarification, and thanks again for the help on the first question.

Best,
Jeff
je1188

Postby Peter Meurer » 2011-07-12 17:02

Dear Jeff,

Please open the author details dialog by placing the insertion point in the Author or Editor field, then pressing F9. Fill in the first name and last name as requested.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2011-07-12 17:38

Got it! Thanks for the help, Peter.

Jeff
je1188

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)