This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Feature request: Return to previous location in PDF file

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Feature request: Return to previous location in PDF file

Postby pstock » 2011-07-06 21:28

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.12, -, -, -, -, - ]

Hi,
When I am annotating a long pdf file inside Citavi, it will frequently take several sessions. It would be nice if Citavi would save my location in that pdf file between sessions, so that it would open at the same location as when I last stopped annotating it, instead of always opening to the first page of the file. Along somewhat similar lines, more controls within the PDF preview window would be nice, especially location history arrows (back to previous location, etc., as in a web browser and most pdf readers).
[EDIT]: one more extremely useful thing would be for Citavi to link quotations and comments to their original positions in the pdf file, so that clicking (or double-clicking? or context menu command?) would take you to that position in the file in the preview window, so that you could see the quotation in context.
Thanks!
David
pstock

Re: Feature request: Return to previous location in PDF file

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2011-07-07 13:00

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your suggestions! All of these improvements are planned for a future version of Citavi, but I cannot say at this point when exactly they will be implemented.

Thanks again!

Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Feature request: Return to previous location in PDF file

Postby mdlynam » 2011-07-09 16:39

It's great to hear those are improvements being considered for future releases!

It would be wonderful if the document previewer could also be used for e-books, too (.azw, .mobi, etc.)
mdlynam

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)