This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Firefox Picker

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Firefox Picker

Postby arehrlich » 2011-05-25 01:27

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.12, Windows 7, English, Other browser, MS Office 2010 32Bit, Acrobat 9 ]

Good evening...

Firefox just upgraded me to Firefox 5 and then informed me that the Citavi picker is not compatible. Any chance that an upgrade is in the works... with a close-in release date?

Or one for Chrome???

Can't live without Citavi
arehrlich

Re: Firefox Picker

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-05-25 07:27

Dear arehrlich,

do you mean Firefox 4, or do you actually mean the Firefox 5 beta? The Picker in Citavi 3.0.12 is compatible with Firefox 4 (in which case, reinstalling the Picker might be all that's necessary), but not with Firefox 5. We already have a compatible Picker running internally, so expect it in the next beta of Citavi.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby arehrlich » 2011-05-25 12:52

I do mean Firefox 5 beta. I'll look forward to the next Citavi release with the new picker. Any target release date?

Antonio, Thanks for your quick response.

Alan
arehrlich

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-05-25 15:21

Hi Alan,

I don't know when the next Citavi beta is due, though the time frame is just a few months at the most, probably less, given that FF5 is due so soon. (No promises, though!)

If it is absolutely, inescapably essential that you use the FF5 beta now, we can arrange to send you the pre-release Picker. (But if you're a "normal" user, I recommend sticking with the current non-beta version of Firefox.)

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby arehrlich » 2011-05-26 17:03

Antonio,

I don't ever recall being 'normal'. With that in mind, I would be happy to beta the pre-release picker along with FF5 beta.

Alan
arehrlich

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-05-27 16:15

Hi Alan,

I know what you mean, I'd definitely not consider myself normal!

I've sent you the Picker to the email address associated with your forum account.

Important notes:
  • You must use the command in Citavi to uninstall the current Picker first.
  • To install the Picker received by email, drag the .xpi file into any open Firefox window.
  • When a new version of Citavi with a FF5-compatible Picker is released, you must manually remove the beta Picker before installing the new Citavi.

We appreciate any reports of problems you experience with the beta Picker.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby stradivarious » 2011-06-03 16:02

Hi Antionio,

could you send me the new version off the picker too, please?

Regards,
Damian
stradivarious

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-06-06 08:56

Hi Damian,

I've sent the Picker. Be sure to observe the notes in my post above. Thanks!

Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby mohrj » 2011-06-22 06:13

Hallo,

könnte ich auch bitte den Picker für Firefox 5 erhalten? Dankeschön.

Gruss

Jasmin Mohr
mohrj

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2011-06-22 15:57

Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for your request. If you can wait another two days, we'll be releasing the Picker for Firefox 5 on Friday, June 24, 2011 as part of the latest beta version.

Thanks for your patience!

Jenny
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Next

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)