This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Bug in Reference Categories

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Bug in Reference Categories

Postby iggyzso » 2011-03-23 12:10

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.12, -, Other language, -, -, - ]

Dear Citavi,

I noticed two bugs in the newest versions of Citavi.

First, I used to work with the German version of Citavi in pervious versions, where I had "Zeitschrift" or some other similar category for articles in periodicals. This seemed to have the best fit at that time. But when converting my .ctv files to .ctv3, this information is transformed to Newspaper Article. This wouldn't be such a big problem, as I can just redefine the references to Journal Article manually. Additionally, I am not sure, whether this is an actual bug, or just a matter of

The second problem/bug that I found is that when I actually want to switch my references from Newspaper to Journal Article, the date dissappears and I have to rewrite the date again. Please seed the demonstration in the attachment.

Thank you for your help,
Kind regards,
Zsófia Ignácz
Attachments
2.JPG
After changing the reference type
1.JPG
Before
iggyzso

Re: Bug in Reference Categories

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-03-25 17:10

Dear Zsófia,

Please forgive the delayed response.

Is it possible that in German, you used Zeitungsartikel originally? That really is newspaper article. (Journal article is Zeitschriftenaufsatz. I did a few tests to be sure and cannot find any case where a Zeitschriftenaufsatz becomes a newspaper article.

The date of a newspaper article and the year of a journal article are indeed handled quite differently, which is why they are in different fields.

If you have a lot of references that need to be converted/corrected, perhaps we can do it for you with a macro. Let us know!

Best regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby iggyzso » 2011-04-06 23:21

Dear Antonio,

Sorry for replying extremely late.

As for the translation issues, yes, that might be the case, as my "academic German" isn't the best.

Thank you for the offering to run a macro! If it isn't such a big problem, it would be awfully nice of you! I tried to attach it, but unfortunately the forum doesn't allow ctv3 formats... Could I maybe email you at support@citavi.com?

My very kindest regards,
Zsofia

PS: Is there a way to have email alerts for answered posts? i couldn't find it :(
iggyzso

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-04-07 12:13

Dear Zsofia,

You can use our secure upload service to send us the file: http://www.citavi.com/send. Please put the URL to this page as the subject line so that we can match it to this case, and please include very detailed instructions of what needs to be done.

As for receiving email alerts: you can subscribe a single topic or an entire forum. Just look in the footer bar below:

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)