This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Bug in RTF Export: clipped characters Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Bug in RTF Export: clipped characters

Postby JJSlote » 2011-03-14 02:27

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.11, Windows XP, English, Firefox 3.x, MS Office 2007, Acrobat 7 ]

When Knowledge Items are saved in RTF format, whether exported from a print preview screen or via "Save Compilation," any character that directly follows a curly quote will be clipped throughout the document.

Thus:

“Here it is in curly quotes” (in the Item)

becomes:

“ere it is in curly quotes” (in the RTF document.)

Release 3.0.1.2 and previous. Straight quotes like "this" work properly, as do saves to DOCX. (But I've had some difficulty saving to DOC, as if the file isn't closing properly.)

Rgds
Jerome
JJSlote

Re: Bug in RTF Export: clipped characters  Topic is solved

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-03-15 17:13

Dear Jerome,

I am afraid I can't reproduce the problem, neither with "fresh" quotation marks inserted with the toolbar button, nor with the text copied from your post above.

Can you do a test: see what happens if you change the font. Do the quotation marks change?

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Bug in RTF Export: clipped characters

Postby JJSlote » 2011-03-15 21:40

Greetings Antonio

Confirmed; it turns out Citavi-generated RTF is fine. The display anomaly is in Wordpad, under Windows XP. Here the character after the “ curly quote is indeed clipped, irrespective of font. Other programs using Microsoft's DLL for RTF are affected, including Jarte, where I first saw the problem.

But the RTF file displays accurately in Office 2007. So this an XP, not Citavi, issue.

Thank you for testing and replying. Just an oddity for the support files.

All Best
Jerome
JJSlote

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)