This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

"Für diese Kriterien wurden keine Resultate gefunden"

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

"Für diese Kriterien wurden keine Resultate gefunden"

Postby neue1kaiser » 2011-02-13 17:16

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.1, Windows XP, Other language, Firefox 3.x, MS Office 2003, Acrobat 9 ]

Hello,

I just am using the English free version of the citavi since yesterday. Right now I am working on a project that involves three languages, Chinese, English and German. I have two questions.

(1) As I tried to input some German references into the English free citavi verion through "Retrieve by ISBN", it could not find the reference through internet, and the sentence "Für diese Kriterien wurden keine Resultate gefunden" showed up. Checking this out, I found the link viewtopic.php?f=11&t=763 and read it, but I am sorry, I don't think I have understood what I may do.

Actually I tried the other way round. I checked out university library source from both Hong Kong and Germany, and I found the information of the books I wanted to input. There appeared also the citavi picker next to the ISBN. So I tried to add the information through the picker to the citavi. Again, the same German sentence appeared. In fact, I was curious to try this also to search for Chinese references, this phrase came up, too, but interestingly there was also the citavi picker next to the ISBN of a Chinese literature.
Does the English version "exclude" the inputting of German reference/Chinese reference?
What may be some suggestions?

(2) Does the English citavi support "Chinese character"? I tried to type in Chinese character directly, basically, however, I could not even change the keyboard to Chinese. Then, I open a document and type the Chinese, and the "cut and paste" worked, I mean, the reference page shows Chinese character. Will this work with the citavi?

I am hoping the citavi may work with all these literature in these three languages I am working with...I don't know, but at the moment, I am very fascinating with the citavi! I have waited the English version for such a long long time after hearing about the German version.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Ackie Cheung
neue1kaiser

Re: "Für diese Kriterien wurden keine Resultate gefunden"

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-02-14 09:11

Dear Ackie,

I'd be happy to help.

Just as a quick preface: There are zero functional differences between running Citavi in English and German. It's always the same code running, the only thing that changes is the user interface text.

As to your specific questions:
  1. That message means that there were no results for the ISBN/DOI/PMID entered in the selected online resources. Is it possible that other resources might provide better results? For German, we recommend using the GBV, for English, the Library of Congress and WorldCat. Perhaps you can give us some sample ISBNs to test, so we can see where they might be found?
  2. Citavi in theory is completely compatible with Chinese. (The only languages we know Citavi really doesn't handle well is right-to-left languages like Hebrew and Arabic, in particular when mixed with left-to-right languages.)
    • That said, we can't test it very exhaustively, since nobody here knows any language with a non-Latin writing system. For the most part, testing has involved cut-and-pasting text from Wikipedia and the like.
    • I just tested using the input method (keyboard layout) called Chinese (Simplified) Microsoft Pinyin New Experience Input Style. While I can't even begin to fathom what nonsense I typed in, it worked seemingly perfectly.
    • I see you are running Windows XP. For multilingual use, especially with non-Latin writing systems, we strongly recommend running Windows 7 or Vista. These handle non-Latin writing significantly better than XP. (On top of that, they are also vastly more secure, and in our experience more reliable.)

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Editing the ISBN/DOI at the "Identifier"?

Postby neue1kaiser » 2011-02-16 05:34

Dear Antonio,

Thank you for your prompt reply and suggestion.

I have added the FIS Bildung and the GVB, it can find the literatures now, except when I typed the ISBN/DOI wrongly!

I would like to ask, then, when I typed the ISBN/DOI at the "retrieve references by ISBN/DOI/PMID" wrongly, and it has started to search now. Naturally the reply will be "not found". (1) Is it possible that I may select the wrongly-input code at the "identifier", edit it and let it be searched again?

(2) Ach so, it's good to know that basically the citavi allows more than the German and English interface. I tried again to input reference for Chinese books. Yes, it recognizes the references, which are in "simplified Chinese" - Pinyin, but not the Chinese traditional character - Changjie. So I tried to input Chinese characters in the citavi manually, and it seems it starts to work. No further question on this point now.

Many thanks!

Best Regards,
Ackie Cheung
neue1kaiser

Re: "Für diese Kriterien wurden keine Resultate gefunden"

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-02-17 14:36

Dear Ackie,

To update the bibliographic information after adding or changing the ISBN, just click the ISBN label (blue link) next to the field. It'll ask you what you want to do. (This works for DOI and PMID, too.)

If anything else comes up with Chinese characters, let us know. We might need your help in determining whether the result is correct, but we really want to make sure it works properly.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)