This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

ISSN for journal article not imported

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

ISSN for journal article not imported

Postby asma » 2011-01-25 11:06

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.0, Windows Vista, English, Other browser, MS Office 2007, - ]

Hello. When I import references for journal articles, the ISSN number will be imported to citavi . How do i fix that? Right now what I do is I write the ISSN manually in the custom field
asma

Re: ISSN for journal article not imported

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2011-01-25 16:47

Hi Asma,

Thanks very much for your question! Could you please let me know which database you were trying to import from? I'd like to test this out to see what the problem might be.

Thanks!

Jennifer Schultz
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby asma » 2011-01-26 14:57

I usually import from digibib.net in Bibtex format. This one for example from SSG Technik database (attached)
Attachments
SSGTEC.bib
(711 Bytes) Downloaded 9972 times
asma

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2011-01-26 17:06

Hi Asma,

Thanks very much for sending the file. The bad news is that I was not able to reproduce this error. The good news is that it seems like the ISSNs can be imported. Could you please follow the steps below and then let us know if you are still unable to automatically bring in ISSNs during an import?

First, double-click on the file name to open it. The following box should appear (but it will be in English on your computer):

Make sure Open with is selected and that Citavi appears next to Open with. Click OK.

In the next step, choose the project you would like to add the reference(s) to and click OK. After that you will see the screen below. Click Add to project.

Your reference will then be added. ISSN information is somewhat hidden, however. To view the ISSN, go to the Lists menu and click Periodicals. Find Journal of chemical technology and biotechnology in the list and double-click it. You should then see a list of ISSN numbers:

Likely this journal has had a few title changes and/or changes in ISSN numbers during the course of its existence, which would account for the three ISSNs.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Jennifer Schultz
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby asma » 2011-01-26 20:17

Dear Jennifer Schultz,

Thank you very much! I really thought the ISSNs were not imported because they were not included in the overview tab like the ISBN of a book. I'm glad I asked. Another question though, is it possible to cite the ISSN automatically into my bibliography? Because I can't find ISSN in the journal article components of the citation style editor.

Thank you!

Regards,
Asma
asma

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-01-28 12:12

Dear Asma,

No, Citavi does not support citing the ISSN, because we've never seen a style that calls for it. What style is it that requires it?

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby asma » 2011-01-28 22:58

Dear Antonio,

Thank you for your answer. My supervisor requires me to cite the ISSN. So, his style. XD
It's ok I guess. At least now I know the ISSNs were imported and where to find them. Because it was only recently that I realized they were 'missing'. It would be a tragedy if I had to look up for the references of each of the journals again just to get those numbers.

Thank you, you guys have been great help.

Regards,
Asma
asma

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)