This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How to multiselect knowledge items across subcategories? Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

How to multiselect knowledge items across subcategories?

Postby JJSlote » 2011-01-24 17:05

System information: [ -, -, -, -, -, - ]

Greetings

I'm looking to multi-select knowledge items in a branch rather than in a single category. So if category Economics includes items in subcategories Interest rates, Real Estate, Competing Theories, might there be a way to select the full set of Economics items without adding the items to the parent category? We can print a branch, including its subitems. But running a Search for category Economics yields only primary items. Multi-select in the Publication Assistant expands to reveal Knowledge items across multiple subcategories, but allows selection only from one category at at time.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Jerome
JJSlote

Re: How to multiselect knowledge items across subcategories?  Topic is solved

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2011-02-28 11:03

Dear Jerome,

Please excuse the late reply. To search for a category and its subcategories, you can do a search using a mathematical operator. For example, to find category 3 and its subcategories, search for c: >3.

Is that what you were trying to accomplish?

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Re: How to multiselect knowledge items across subcategories?

Postby JJSlote » 2011-03-01 11:08

Greetings Antonio

I was primarily interested in previewing Knowledge Items across categories, which won't be accomplished through Search. But I've since gotten quite comfortable in using Publication Assistant as a previewer. Recent betas have made it easier to use Publication Assistant in conjunction with the main window. So I'm all set. Thanks for assisting!

Jerome
JJSlote

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)