This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Importation of large Endnote Database

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Re: Importation of large Endnote Database

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-20 14:06

Hello HerrDipl,

would you send us the EndNote library (ENL file and .Data folder, all zipped) using the instructions above?

Sincerely,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby CPR » 2010-12-21 16:37

Hi Antonio,

I have now uploaded my endnote database. Sorry about the delay, looking forward to your response!

Clare
CPR

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-22 13:46

Dear Clare,

Thank you for sending the EndNote library. I can reproduce the problem using Citavi 2.5.2 -- the problem does not occur with Citavi 3, which correctly imports over 500 references (the number grows because Citavi stores some references in EndNote as two references in Citavi).

Would you try using the Repair feature in EndNote (sorry, I don't know where the command is) and see if repairing the library makes it import?

Dear HerrDipl,

would you also try repairing your EndNote library, then importing using the latest version of CItavi (currently 3.0.1)?

Thank you!
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby HerrDipl » 2010-12-22 14:16

Dear Antonio,

thats what I have already done without success. But I have uploaded the EN-library to Citavi and gotten it back from Mr. Meurer, meanwhile, and it works fine! He wrote me that they have found a fault, but didn't mention what kind of fault. So, for further information, contact your colleague ;-)

@ Clare:
Here is the procedure for repairing your EN-library within EndNote. You must not have opened the library to be repaired, I think.
Go to: Tools -> Recover Library -> ok -> select the library -> confirm the offered name or type another -> ok -> process starts

Best regards, HerrDipl
HerrDipl

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-22 14:37

Dear HerrDipl,

thank you for the information!

Sincerely,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Previous

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)