This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Importation of large Endnote Database

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Importation of large Endnote Database

Postby CPR » 2010-12-14 11:08

System information: [ Citavi Version 2.5.0, Windows 7, German, Firefox 3.x, -, - ]

I am using both endnote and citavi at the moment, and need to switch between one and the other. I have been easily able to import endnote references into a Citavi library, but now that my endnote library is quite large, I have discovered that I cannot import all my references into Citavi at the same time. Citavi will only import 453 titles (these are all the titles it finds) although my endnote library contains far more entries than this. Is there a way to overcome this problem? I have attempted to import the library several times, and each time only 453 titles are found.

Many thanks for your assistance,

Clare
CPR

Re: Importation of large Endnote Database

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-14 11:24

Dear Clare,

That is quite strange. Would you be willing to send us the EndNote library so we can see exactly what's happening? Be sure to send both the ENL file and the associated data folder, for example Thesis.enl and Thesis.Data.

To transfer the files, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the files to the issue, please put the address of this page in the subject of the message.

Could you also please confirm which version of Citavi you are using? This is the Citavi 3 support forum, but your post indicates Citavi 2.5.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby CPR » 2010-12-15 13:18

Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the prompt response. I am using Citavo Pro 2.5 - does this affect anything (or is there a help board for this version of the programme? I am a university staff member and this is the version we have been asked to use).

I will also upload the files.

Many thanks

Clare
CPR

Postby CPR » 2010-12-15 13:24

Hi Antonio,

I just tried to upload my library, but I am not able to upload the data folder (it is a folder, and hence cannot upload as a file). Should I upload all the items in this folder separately?

Many thanks

Clare
CPR

Postby mdlynam » 2010-12-15 15:23

I'm having the same problem. I'm using Citavi 3..16 and EndNote X4.01

Over 2000 references, many of which have associated PDF files.

No errors, but no import either.

EndNote files reside on a mapped network drive.

/Mark/
Attachments
Citavi.jpg
Screen shot of EndNote import.
mdlynam

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-15 16:46

CPR wrote:I just tried to upload my library, but I am not able to upload the data folder (it is a folder, and hence cannot upload as a file). Should I upload all the items in this folder separately?

Hi Clare,

My mistake, I forgot to say to ZIP the files first -- that will allow the whole folder to be uploaded.

Sincerely,
Antonio

mdlynam wrote:I'm having the same problem. I'm using Citavi 3..16 and EndNote X4.01
Over 2000 references, many of which have associated PDF files.
No errors, but no import either.
EndNote files reside on a mapped network drive.

Hi Mark,

just to confirm, is the EndNote .DATA folder in the same place as the .enl file? The error you describe is symptomatic of the DATA folder missing.

Sincerely,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby mdlynam » 2010-12-15 17:43

Yes, the folder and the .enl file are both in a folder called My Documents_Net. I'm copying the files to my local drive to see if that'll work.
mdlynam

Postby mdlynam » 2010-12-15 18:10

Unbeknown to me, I may have had a corrupt EN library. No symptoms were present, but after running the repair, was successful in my importation.
mdlynam

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-16 08:35

Hi Mark,

Thanks for letting us know!

Sincerely,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby HerrDipl » 2010-12-20 10:14

Hello!

I suffer from the same problem with Citavi 3.0.0.15. While trying to import an EndNote-Library (EN X4) with 207 entries, at first all entries are recognized, but at the end of the import progress dialog only 170 entries remain. Odd, isn't it?

Can you help me?
Best regards, HerrDipl
HerrDipl

Next

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)