This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How to open folder where local files are located ?

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

How to open folder where local files are located ?

Postby erik.hansen » 2010-12-07 13:26

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.0, Windows 7, English, Firefox 3.x, MS Office 2007, Acrobat Version 8 ]

Dear all,

in the old citavi 2, there was the possibility to right click on the file stored in the references of a literature entry, and then to choose "open folder". This opened the folder in which the local e.g. pdf file was located.
In Citavi 3, I cannot find this feature.
How to do this?
erik.hansen

Re: How to open folder where local files are located ?

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-09 15:40

Dear Erik,

I believe that feature did get overlooked in the upgrade. I'll find out if it's something that can be added back in.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby erik.hansen » 2010-12-20 01:45

thank you for reply! that would be great - it is a very important feature, I think. Moreover, it would even be better to add a function where I could directly copy the linked file into the clipboard (e.g. to past it quickly into an email or another folder).

Best
Erik
erik.hansen

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-20 08:42

Dear Erik,

I'll pass your suggestion on to the developers.

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-21 12:51

Dear Erik,

The developer just informed me of the following:
erik.hansen wrote:in the old citavi 2, there was the possibility to right click on the file stored in the references of a literature entry, and then to choose "open folder". This opened the folder in which the local e.g. pdf file was located.
In Citavi 3, I cannot find this feature.

This will be added back in.
erik.hansen wrote:thank you for reply! that would be great - it is a very important feature, I think. Moreover, it would even be better to add a function where I could directly copy the linked file into the clipboard (e.g. to past it quickly into an email or another folder).

We'll see if it's possible to do this!

Sincerely,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby erik.hansen » 2011-01-05 02:16

thank you for your effort! I am looking forward for the next update
erik.hansen

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)