This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How to disable Preview pane Topic is solved

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

How to disable Preview pane

Postby erik.hansen » 2010-12-07 13:21

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.0, Windows 7, English, Firefox 3.x, MS Office 2007, Acrobat Version 8 ]

Dear all,

I have the following problem. I work in PDF files in acrobat. When I open the PDF file in Acrobat using double clicks in the Citavi references view, I cannot save changes to the PDF file. The pdf file is locked by citavi due to the preview pane. I can only save the pdf file in Acrobat once I change to another file in Citavi's preview pane. This even happens when I hide the preview pane. This is extremly annoying.
1. Can I somehow entirely disable the preview pane - how?
2. Any other solution?

Best
Erik
erik.hansen

Re: How to disable Preview pane

Postby Hugo Muckelbauer » 2010-12-07 19:14

Dear Erik,

You are trying to save a file that is open in two programs at once. This doesn't work in Windows.

Answer re 1): the only way of avoiding it totally would be not to attach PDF files to Citavi titles (but this is not what you really want)

Answer re 2):

You can avoid the behaviour as follows:
1. open your PDF file in Acrobat by double clicking in the Citavi reference view
2. now click to the next title up or down your references list (left pane) - this allows Acrobat to have full rights on saving the PDF file
3. change and save your PDF in Acrobat
4. now click on the title in Citavi again that you had worked on. Citavi will display the changed PDF.

Best,

Tim
Hugo Muckelbauer
Citavi Expert

Postby erik.hansen » 2010-12-08 16:50

Dear Tim,
thank you for your help. I have used this "work around" already - but this takes severals clicks and disturbs the usual way of working quite strongly.
I hope there will be an option to disable the preview pane.
Erik
erik.hansen

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-09 15:45

Dear Erik,

I can understand how frustrating that must be. I'll find out if that's something we can fix. (Certainly it makes sense that a file should not be "open" in Citavi if the preview is hidden.)

Regards,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby erik.hansen » 2010-12-20 01:47

Dear Antonio,
thank you for following my point. I am waiting curiously for further insights...
Best
erik
erik.hansen

Re: How to disable Preview pane  Topic is solved

Postby Antonio Tejada » 2010-12-20 08:34

Dear Erik,

This should be fixed in the next update.

Sincerely,
Antonio
Antonio Tejada
Citavi Customer Service

Postby erik.hansen » 2011-01-05 02:20

thank you very much - it has been solved in a very excellent way indeed!!!! thank you for following up so fast on my requests!
best
Erik
erik.hansen

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)