Bibliography NOT in alphabetical order

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Bibliography NOT in alphabetical order

Postby je1188 » 2015-01-19 23:56

System information: [ Citavi Version 4.0-4.3, Windows 8.x, English, Firefox 8.x - 34.x, MS Office 2013/365 64Bit, - ]

Citavi is compiling the bibliography at the end of the document in an order that is not alphabetical. This has never happened to me before. How can I ask Citavi 4 to alphabetize the bibliography?

Thank you,

Sari
je1188

Re: Bibliography NOT in alphabetical order

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-01-20 13:39

Hello, Sari,

could you please let us know which Citation Style you are using?

Kind regards
Sebastian
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2015-01-21 19:14

Hi Sebastian,

I am using Chicago 16th ed. (author-date). Also, Citavi is working very slowly in my computer, it takes a couple of minutes to unfreeze the document after I add or delete a citation. I wonder whether these two issues are related at all?

Thank you,

Sari
je1188

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-01-22 09:34

Hi Sari,

Thanks very much for your response! Would you please install the update to Citavi 4.4.0.28 by clicking "An Update is available" in the top-right corner of Citavi? After that, please double check that the style is selected in Word:

In addition, in Word on the Citavi ribbon, please click Refresh. If the sorting in the bibliography continues to look strange after that, please send us the Word document (or a test document) so we can take a closer look. To transfer the file, please use our secure upload service. So that we can match the files to the issue, please put the address of this page in the message field.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby je1188 » 2015-01-22 19:15

Hi Jennifer,

I looked for updates and there is a message that reads: "You are using Citavi Pro 4.4.0. You do not need to update"I therefore sent you the document through your secure upload service.

Thank you,

Sari
je1188

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2015-02-02 13:01

Dear Forum Visitors,

A macro in the Chicago author-date style was throwing an error on this user's computer. We've since modified the style and removed the macro, so this error should no longer occur. If you experience a similar problem with your bibliography sorting, please submit a ticket describing the error and the style you are using.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)