Citing Reviews

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citing Reviews

Postby mauricem3 » 2014-11-18 19:38

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.4, Windows 7, English, -, MS Office 2010 32Bit, Acrobat XI ]

I am trying to cite a review using a citation format that derived from Chicago. Apparently. this is how it should be:

Fordham, Finn. "Spooky Joyce." Review of James Joyce’s “Ulysses”: a Casebook, ed. Derek 
Atridge, and Ulysses: Contemporary Critical Essays, ed. Rainer Emig. Modernism/modernity
13, no. 2 (April 2006): 367-73. 

source:
http://citesource.trincoll.edu/chicago/ ... ew_001.pdf

I found some other question and tip in the forum relating to citing reviews which suggests to put the essential part ("James Joyce’s “Ulysses”: a Casebook, ed. Derek Atridge, and Ulysses: Contemporary Critical Essays, ed. Rainer Emig") in title supplement. Is there a way to get the italics right then? Or what other solution do you suggest?

thanks!
mauricem3

Re: Citing Reviews

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2014-11-19 13:11

Hi mauricem3,

Thanks very much for your question! To use italics in the Title Supplement field, just highlight the part you want to italicize, right-click, and select Italic:

Since our Chicago citation style uses the Title Supplement field for additional information needed in special cases, I've attached a customized Chicago style below which should give you the formatting you need. Please just save the file in the Citavi 3\Custom Citation Styles folder.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Attachments
Chicago 16th ed. (Notes)_customized.ccs
(850.22 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)