Citing references from multiple projects

Got questions about Citavi 3? The Citavi team and other users are happy to help.

Citing references from multiple projects

Postby karenb » 2015-05-28 15:31

System information: [ Citavi Version 3, Windows 7, English, Firefox 8.x - 34.x, MS Office 2010 32Bit, - ]

I am writing a paper and need to cite references that are stored in multiple projects. Is there a way of doing this? It would be useful to have a 'master' project that stores all my references across all my projects - is there a way of doing this as well? Many thanks.
karenb

Re: Citing references from multiple projects

Postby Sebastian Pabel » 2015-05-29 14:05

Hi, karenb,

the easiest way is possibly merging all the projects you need for this paper into a new one. This handbook chapter explains how. Unfortunately, there is no master project feature yet in Citavi. It's prominent on our wish list but hasn't made it into the program yet.

You could also change the project connected to your document every time you need to quote from another project. This, however, is rather tedious and error-prone.

Best regards
Sebastian

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Sebastian Pabel
Citavi Customer Service

Re: Citing references from multiple projects

Postby karenb » 2015-05-29 15:44

Thanks Sebastian, I thought this might be the case but wondered if anyone had managed to get round it.
karenb

Return to Citavi 3 Support (English)