This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How can I add a chapter in placeholder?

Ask questions about selecting and using citation styles.

How can I add a chapter in placeholder?

Postby DrAlex » 2013-07-30 15:00

It was from my big wishlist, but the problem is important and urgent. In the endnote, it is used for a long time.

How can I get in-text citation of this type:

Jhon Smith [25, "Introduction", p.7]

In the worst case, can I in Style Editor make a reservation for this field and add it manually?
DrAlex

Re: How can I add a chapter in placeholder?

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-07-30 17:24

Hi DrAlex,

There's no specific field for chapters, unfortunately. If you need to enter this information when citing a source, in the Word Add-In I would click Insert advanced and then enter "Introduction", p.7 in the Page range field. Then, change the Numbering type to Other.

If you're using the Publication Assistant, you would insert "Introduction", p.7 using Copy or insert with options:

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-07-30 18:50

Thank you. I get it. But the assistant does not work correctly:

1. It duplicates a quote;
2. I have to make changes in the citation itself (field "page") - otherwise, from assistant it does not work - I change "other", but in Word I have "pages".
DrAlex

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-07-31 08:40

Hi DrAlex,

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the problems you're having. When I use the Publication Assistant to insert a placeholder for a reference and then format my document, the placeholder is formatted as follows:
(Andretta 2005, "Introduction", p.7)

Could you let me know which citation style you are using? If possible, could you also send us a screenshot of your results? In addition, please let us know which version of Citavi you are using.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-07-31 09:33

It does not depend on the style. In the preview window shows the format placeholder is corect, but when the inserts in Word, it formats in the "page", for some reason it is duplicated.

Sometimes the program fails to format the placeholder (I have to reboot), and then it is inserted right (but it's placeholders).

I think it's something wrong with the add-in.

Program Version: 4.1.54.

P.S. When I start Word me again appears: "could load an object it is not avalaible on this machine".
DrAlex

Postby DrAlex » 2013-07-31 13:52

I discovered an easier way - the change the number in citations directly in the add-in (menu "advansed"):

1. numbering type: - "other"
2. paste text in the field above.

P.S. but it would be good to fix and assistant
DrAlex

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-07-31 16:15

Hi DrAlex,

Thanks for your posts! I unfortunately can't reproduce this problem on my end. Could you perhaps send us some screenshots of what you are seeing? You can send them as attachments to a new ticket or post them here in the forum.

We'd also be glad to take a look at this issue with you in a live support next week.

Thanks so much!

Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Return to General Questions