This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

MLA citation Topic is solved

Ask questions about selecting and using citation styles.

MLA citation

Postby Katja » 2011-08-30 18:55

System information: [ Citavi Version 3.0.1 to 3.0.12, Windows 7, English, -, -, - ]

I'm trying to remove the web address from my bibliography as MLA citation style 7 no longer requires this information. If I remove the URL address, it no longer recognizes the document as an online article. Is there a way to remove the URL field from the bibliography report but still keep this information available for reference? Thanks kindly!
Katja

Re: MLA citation  Topic is solved

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2011-08-31 14:12

Dear Katja,

Thanks very much for alerting us to this error. In accordance with the MLA guidelines, we have updated the citation style so that URLs are no longer included in the list of works cited. If you need to list a URL (for instance, if the Web document is otherwise difficult to locate), you will need to enter it manually in the list of works cited.

Thanks again!
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Re: MLA citation

Postby cocojambo » 2012-03-05 04:14

Here is some information that might help you. MLA does not need underlining. Titles, like periodical and book titles, are currently italicized and not underlined like before.

In citations, URLs are no longer in need. MLA currently recommends writers to use only web addresses if the audience source is unlikely to be unavailable due to the URLs changeable nature. Here is how you would cite a magazine articles on the Internet. Source: http://www.mla-format-works-cited.com

Magazine in Online Database

Author of article. "Title of article." Title of the magazine. Date. Database title. Name of Database provider. Date Accessed. <URL>.

Health Canada. "Sugar Substitutes." Health Canada. February 18, 2012. Artificial Sweeteners. Jan 25, 2012.
<http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/fn-an/securit/addit/sweeten-edulcor/index-eng.php>.

Hope that helps (Y)
cocojambo

Return to General Questions