This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

Error in English capitalisation code

Ask questions about selecting and using citation styles.

Error in English capitalisation code

Postby mnaah » 2016-10-26 15:34

Hi there,

I am using a self-modified version of the Society of Biblical Literature (2nd ed.) style. One of the things I love about this style is the ability to correctly auto-capitalize titles when the language is set to en.

This morning, however, I found a glitch with this function. If the title starts with a quotation mark and then a word that normally wouldn't be capitalized, then even if it is capitalized in the title field, the macro turns it lower case.

So:
title field: subtitle field: 'In Christ': The Key to Paul's...
title: subtitle in the style: 'in Christ': The Key to Paul's...

What I think is probably going on here is that the macro has something like "Do not capitalize the following words [list], unless they appear first in a field." Technically, the quotation mark comes first in the field, but should be ignored for the purposes of capitalization.

Can someone post the relevant update to the code please?
mnaah

Re: Error in English capitalisation code

Postby Jana Votteler » 2016-10-27 07:27

Hi mnaah,

Thank you very much for your question.

As you are using a self-modified style, please check if this latest version of the code (Citavi 4 and 5) is implemented.

I tested the function with the style Biblical Interpretation and the macro did not turn the "In" after a quotation mark lower case.

Kind regards,
Jana

Did we answer your question completely? If so, please click the green check mark in the upper-right corner of this post. This helps other users find the solution to their questions.
Jana Votteler
Citavi Customer Service

Return to General Questions