This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How to separate Literature and Web Pages in Bibliography? Topic is solved

Ask questions about selecting and using citation styles.

How to separate Literature and Web Pages in Bibliography?

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-17 14:53

Dear Citavi Team,

Is there any way to separate literature (books, books edited, reports, journal articles) from webpages (in Citavi "internet documents").

I like to use Harvard, APA or other citation styles but I would like to separate "non-science" from "science" ;)

Happy Holidays,
Piotr
piotrsmolnicki

Re: How to separate Literature and Web Pages in Bibliography

Postby Peter Meurer » 2015-12-17 16:47

Dear Piotr,

It is possible to separate your bibliography into two parts, but you need to modify your citation style to do so. Unfortunately this modification is a little bit difficult ... and the documentation is available in German only (please find a Google Translate link here).

Moreover, APA uses its own special sorting algorithm. If you switch to another sorting system you won't be following the APA style guidelines any longer.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-17 17:07

Dear Peter,

Since many of editors can not precisely say the name of citation style that should be I always use the most similar to their "do this and this" instruction (and I never get paper back).
But if you know any Citation Style that separates it I would be glad (Citavi style editor is not easy so I give up).

Best regards,
Piotr
piotrsmolnicki

Re: How to separate Literature and Web Pages in Bibliography  Topic is solved

Postby Peter Meurer » 2015-12-18 08:56

Dear Piotr

I have made a short video for you to demonstrate how to integrate our sorting script in any citation style. If you use a style which was modified this way your reference list will show the internet documents at the end of the list. If you want to add a heading before the internet documents you need to convert the reference list into static text, see our manual. You should do this at the end of your writing process.

Kind regards,
Peter
Peter Meurer
Citavi Customer Service

Postby piotrsmolnicki » 2015-12-19 13:04

Peter Meurer wrote:I have made a short video for you to demonstrate how to integrate our sorting script in any citation style.

Thank you. It is very kind of you. :)

Happy Holidays!
Piotr
piotrsmolnicki

Return to General Questions