This forum is read-only - Please use our new Citavi Forum instead.
Dieses Forum dient nur zur Recherche - Bitte nutzen Sie das neue Citavi Forum für Ihre Fragen.

How to set up "op. cit." citation?

Use these conditions to implement unusual style guidelines.

Re: How to set up "op. cit." citation?

Postby skyblueink » 2013-05-24 20:50

Jennifer,

The font name occurs in the preview pane, not in the formatted documents. It seems like a bug.
Under Korean IME, You might be able to reproduce the bug using the files I sent.
skyblueink

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-05-29 11:49

Hello,

I've had our developer look at this issue, and he was unfortunately unable to reproduce the error with a Korean IME and with Korean set as the display language in Windows. This makes it very difficult to find the source of the problem. Are you by any chance using an installed font? Or is it one of the standard fonts that comes with Windows?

The developer would also recommend using the Add-In for Word, unless there's a reason you need to use the Publication Assistant.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby gett » 2013-06-20 21:24

Hi,
Sorry for off-topic, but can both of you share ibid and op. cit. styles, please?
gett

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-06-21 07:39

Hi Gett,

Thanks for your question! Would you like to use Skyblueink's citation style? Or were you asking more generally about styles that use ibid and op. cit.?

Thanks for the clarification!

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby gett » 2013-06-22 00:29

Hi Jennifer,
Thank for prompt answer. Usually, I'm using APA or MLA citation styles. I try to create ibid style using info in manual, but do not have any success. :-(
gett

Postby DrAlex » 2013-07-26 18:15

Hi, I made ibid in the "in-text citation", but than I check in the Word "Year only", the "ibid" is disappered.
DrAlex

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-07-29 11:27

Hi DrAlex,

I could reproduce this problem and will create a ticket for our developers. I would also expect that the "Ibid" condition would override the option to insert "Person (Year)".

Were you trying to end up with formatting something like the following: "Ibid. (2010)"? I'm not sure that we would support that kind of formatting, unless it's used by an official citation style.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Postby DrAlex » 2013-07-30 14:50

Jennifer Schultz wrote:Were you trying to end up with formatting something like the following: "Ibid. (2010)"? I'm not sure that we would support that kind of formatting, unless it's used by an official citation style.

Like the following (in-text):

{text} "Hi! At me, Nothing is done from a list". Jhon Smith, [35, p.92] {text}
"Hi! It's me again, but all things the same" [ibid, 35, p.106]

In my case: "Hi! It's me again, but all things the same" [Jhon Smith, ibid, 35, p.106]

When I check "Yers only", I get: [35, p.106]
DrAlex

Postby redcarlamic » 2013-08-04 14:18

Hi Jennifer,

I was able to use your second code (for "Consecutive citation (same reference)") posted above and it works for „Ibidem, quotation page range”. I also would like to apply same condition to the "Consecutive citation (same page of same reference)" which should call just for „Ibidem”, but I do not know where and how to insert the „same page” condition in your code. Same would be useful for „Consecutive citation (same author/editor/organization)” which should call for „Idem”.
Secondly, I think that your solution (to check if it is the same or next footnote index, even if it is a reference-free footnote) should be a built-in condition for all consecutive cases for footnote styles. What I mean is that you should ask the developers to modify all the built-in consecutive conditions to look for the same or next (consecutive) footnote index, not for the consecutive reference. In this way Citavi would treat the consecutive condition exactly as it should be, at least in the footnote references case(i do not speak about other cases, because I use footnote references and I am more familiar with them).

Thank you!
redcarlamic

Postby Jennifer Schultz » 2013-08-06 16:15

Hi redcarlamic,

Many thanks for your question and please excuse the delay! Here is the condition for "Consecutive citation (same page of same reference)":
Code: Select all
    using System;
    using System.Collections.Generic;

namespace SwissAcademic.Citavi.Citations
            {
               public class CustomTemplateCondition
                  :
                  ITemplateConditionMacro
               {
                  public bool IsTemplateForReference(ConditionalTemplate template, Citation citation)
                  {

if (citation == null || citation.Reference == null) return false;

//Current footnote citation must be from a reference cited before in some other footnote
                    FootnoteCitation currentFootnoteCitation = citation as FootnoteCitation;
                    if (currentFootnoteCitation == null || !currentFootnoteCitation.IsRepeatingFootnote) return false;

//The current footnote citation's immediate predecessor must be a quote from the same reference ...
                 FootnoteCitation previousFootnoteCitation = currentFootnoteCitation.PreviousFootnoteCitation;
                 if (previousFootnoteCitation == null) return false;
                 if (previousFootnoteCitation.Reference == null) return false;
                 if (previousFootnoteCitation.Reference != currentFootnoteCitation.Reference) return false;

//... and it must not be further apart than 1 footnote index number
                 //(i.e. they can reside inside the same footnote or in subsequent footnotes and must not be separated e.g. by reference-free footnote)
                    if (currentFootnoteCitation.FootnoteIndex > previousFootnoteCitation.FootnoteIndex + 1) return false;
            //Check placeholder entries to compare the page ranges
            if (currentFootnoteCitation.Entry == null || previousFootnoteCitation.Entry == null) return false;

//If page ranges are different, this template should NOT apply
            if (currentFootnoteCitation.Entry.PageRange != previousFootnoteCitation.Entry.PageRange) return false;   
                    return true;
                  }
               }
            }

And here's the one for "Consecutive citation (same author/editor/organization)"
Code: Select all
using System.Linq;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using SwissAcademic.Citavi;
using SwissAcademic.Citavi.Metadata;
using SwissAcademic.Collections;

namespace SwissAcademic.Citavi.Citations
{
   public class CustomTemplateCondition
      :
      ITemplateConditionMacro
   {
      public bool IsTemplateForReference(ConditionalTemplate template, Citation citation)
      {
         //NAME of condition:
         //Consecutive citation of same author, editor or organization
         //(same footnote index or footnote index + 1, no citation free footnotes in between)

//Make sure we are dealing with a footnote citation
         if (citation == null || citation.Reference == null) return false;
         FootnoteCitation currentFootnoteCitation = citation as FootnoteCitation;
         if (currentFootnoteCitation == null) return false;

//The current footnote citation's must have an immediate predecessor ...
         FootnoteCitation previousFootnoteCitation = currentFootnoteCitation.PreviousFootnoteCitation;
         if (previousFootnoteCitation == null) return false;
         if (previousFootnoteCitation.Reference == null) return false;

//... and that predecessor must not be a citation from the same reference though ...
         if (currentFootnoteCitation.Reference == previousFootnoteCitation.Reference) return false;

//... and it must NOT be further apart from that predecessor than by 1 footnote index number ...
         //(i.e. they can reside inside the same footnote or in subsequent footnotes and must note be separated e.g. by a citation-free footnote)
         if (currentFootnoteCitation.FootnoteIndex > previousFootnoteCitation.FootnoteIndex + 1) return false;

//... and authors, editors or organizations must be identical
         var currentAuthors = currentFootnoteCitation.Reference.GetAuthorsOrEditorsOrOrganizations();
         var previousAuthors = previousFootnoteCitation.Reference.GetAuthorsOrEditorsOrOrganizations();
         if (currentAuthors.SequenceEqual(previousAuthors)) return true;

//still here? then the last condition was not met
         return false;
      }
   }
}

I agree that it would make sense to have this kind of comparison be standard for all built-in conditions. I'll bring this up in the team, and we'll see if we can include this change in an upcoming version.

Best regards,
Jennifer
Jennifer Schultz
Citavi Customer Service

Previous

Return to Custom Conditions