The final release of Citavi 4 will include many improvements and new features. Preview 1 showcases the following features:
- Add-In for Microsoft Word
The Citavi Add-In for Microsoft Word 2010 and 2007* sets the new standard for efficiency, ease of use, and interaction for academic writing with Word. With the Add-In, placeholders and subsequent formatting are a thing of the past.
Please share your experiences with us: What did you like? What would you like changed? Did you run into problems?
*The Add-In for Word 2003 will follow. The 64-bit version of Office 2010 is not supported.
Known Limitations of the Add-In for Word
- The Convert menu on the Citavi tab of the ribbon is unavailable. Once enabled, it will allow you to convert documents to and from legacy Citavi placeholders.
- The first time Preview 1 is started, it imports projects from Citavi 3, but not settings.
- The icons in the Add-In are all temporary.
- On the Citations tab of the Citavi task pane, under Numeral system, Uppercase letters and Lowercase letters are unavailable.
- Improved Category Editor
The category field was previously read-only and required using the category dialog box to assign categories. The category field in Citavi 4 allows you to type categories directly. Try it!
- Edit Knowledge Items In Place
You can now edit knowledge items right in the list by double-clicking. The knowledge item editor hasn't gone away, but for everyday editing, in-place editing is quicker.
- Improved Installer
Citavi 4 now uses the popular, powerful installation tool InstallShield. For most users, this is not terribly interesting, but for system administrators, this is a huge improvement. Should you run into issues during installation, please let us know!
- Under the Hood
Citavi 4 is now based on .NET Framework 4, the latest and greatest version of Microsoft's development platform.
This version is no longer available.